If we didn't have other people taking us to restaurants, I wouldn't have reviews to write!
The first is Wallaby's Grill and Pub, at 95th and Lackman. Nell and Erik suggested it. I didn't even know about it, because it is hidden in the back of a strip mall. Despite the bad visibility, there were a lot of people there enjoying happy hour. It didn't reek like smoke because of new smoking bans in the area. Seems like it would be a good place to watch a game, if you're into that kind of thing.
The food took a long time to come out, but it wasn't so bad because we were with friends. But I was starting to get antsy. My bunless burger turned out pretty good, and I ate the tons of fries that they gave me. We went this particular night because there was a discount for half-price burger with the purchase of a drink. Even though I stuck with water, they gave me the discount anyway. I was impressed! So because of that, I'll try to come back sometime.
The second was ....wait let me look this up.... Tarahumara Mexican Restaurant. It is located just West of the JoCo Central Library. Dad wanted to take me there. He couldn't remember the name. I thought it was his usual quirkiness. But when I saw the name, I realized what he meant. When we left, I vowed that I would remember the name, and I couldn't. We asked them what it meant, and it represents an Indian tribe in Mexico. Nice genuine people there, but you want customers to remember the name of your restaurant, so that they can recommend it.
And I do recommend it. On the menu, there were more appearances of "corn tortilla" than any other Mexican restaurant around. I only order entrees at Mexican restaurants when the description says "corn tortilla", so I was quite pleased. The decor is really bright and cheery. The food was excellent. I had a really good experience and plan to go back.
Alex and I had lunch at Tarahumara this week. It was tasty! I ate the stuffed Anaheim pepper. Love it!
ReplyDelete