Signs that I am not evangelical:
- I am willing to vote for a pro-choice Presidential candidate, as long as they have conservative views about Supreme Court nominees.
- Do not listen to Focus on the Family and other "Christian media", and actually have an aversion to it
- Shudder at pastors who become politically active, and are obessed with how bad society is
- Even if Kansas City had a good Christian radio (music) station, I would still mostly listen to the best secular stations. Of course, that is hypothetical.
- Do not raise my hands in church
- Don't attend Sunday School
- Just cannot bring myself to cuss, unless I am quoting someone or reading a book out loud
- Attend church every Sunday morning
- Avoid working or buying things on Sundays, except for going out to eat
- Vote Republican only
- Listen to conservative talk shows occasionally, namely Dave Ramsey and Rush Limbaugh
- Easily offended by moral filth in TV and movies and radio. (But I do not consider certain contextual violence to be offensive, such as in 24)
didn't know that you had those views about Sunday (not buying, etc.). and "cannot bring myself to cuss"--you're hilarious! i didn't know that put you in a category :).
ReplyDeleteThe word "evangelical" used to mean someone who accepted Christ's salvation through His death on the Cross, who believed in the Resurrection and in the inspiration of the Scriptures. Has the definition changed? I always thought it was an inclusive category. I always thought of myself as evangelical. Maybe it doesn't mean the same thing any more.
ReplyDelete