Thursday, September 20, 2007

beginning of tile project


before



It was necessary to make a diagram with some accurate measurements. My attempt at an artsy photo.















I drilled in many of these screws tonight.
























The result of the night



Not having this as our day job, Dad and I thought that if we cut the backer board exactly to measurements, it would fit perfectly. Although that is partly true, the tough part is getting it under ledges on opposite sides. We had to make a few extra cuts, but it worked out.

The project took nearly 4 hours. We cut the backer board with various saws on our front lawn.

We are installing the tile on Saturday

5 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAAAY NEW TILE! I cannot even express my excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Dan! I can't wait to see the final result

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erik did the tile in our bathroom; he might have tips if you have a snag. One thing that I see in open houses is that novices tend to lay the tiles, but they are not all level, watch out for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm... no new pics. does this mean you're at a standstill?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.