I was in the middle of - well more like a third of the way through reading The Portable James Joyce. However, after reading Dubliners, his works of short stories, and looking ahead to his longer works, I suddenly lost desire to continue reading. So I will review Dubliners instead. It was around 300 pages.
I felt that it was a great piece of writing. Joyce described human emotion so well, and also interactions between people, and he described the Irish culture quite well. It was written in 1914.
If I was as good an author as James Joyce, I would write about my own life, and about our culture. Because there are really hilarious things that happen, especially with my Conservative Christian background, and my family interactions and life happenings.
Any way the real winners (short stories) in this book in my mind are: Araby, Eveline, The Boarding House, A Little Cloud, A Painful Case, A Mother, and The Dead. On to my 4 other books!
I love a good reader!
ReplyDelete~CG