Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Beautiful tiles


The bathroom with tile!

Me literally making the final cut with the wet saw.





Well, we have tile and a new toilet. The thing I learned the most from this is that it is nice to have 2 bathrooms, because toilets are necessary. The fact that we only have one bathroom forced us to work on Sunday, even though we were already really tired. Courtney and I spent the night at my parents so that the tile could settle.



We had problems installing the new toilet. It was kind of uneven. Plus we needed a mega-size wax ring, plus the old wax ring to stop the toilet from leaking onto the tile. I think that water caused the grout to not be the right color in one small area. I do have a bit of grout powder, but I'm debating whether to return this and get money back, or to use it for the small areas where the color is off.



It was the most challenging thing I've done in this house, for sure. Thanks Dad for helping us out! We will enjoy this tile for as long as we live here!


2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.