Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Home Ownership
The cost of owning a home has sunk in with me. With repairs and improvements, it takes a lot of time and money. The most recent thing is a water spot on the kitchen ceiling. The shape of it is quite funny, and I don't feel at liberty to display it yet. I guess that is a redeeming thing about a water spot - it makes me laugh most times that I see it. The other thing is that our lawn is huge and is being overtaken by weeds (and large Cicada killer wasps!). So I am trying to learn as much as I can about lawn care (fertilizers, seed, weed killer, etc). I find these things to be quite annoying. But I will treat them as learning opportunities, and I think that owning a home should come out ahead financially over renting, over the long run. And the fact that I am learning hopefully makes it worth the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That water leak is absolutely hilarious! It makes me laugh too.
ReplyDelete~CG