On Friday I was asked to do a large project, and to try to have it ready by Monday. It involves loading about 315 files. Previously, this would have taken days of personal attention to each file, but I've been reading, and due to some new technology, I felt that it might be possible to kick it off, and that the technology would just load every file in the folder. At the end of the day I saw that my idea had failed. The computer had run out of memory in the "buffer" whatever that meant.
I came home, and tried it again. At dinner we prayed that God would help it to work. We came back and it had failed - the exact same error. I was miffed, because I wanted to give attention to Courtney instead of to work, but she said I could go ahead and try to figure it out. I tried a few things, and researched some things, and I eventually stumbled across a setting for the "buffer", and I placed it on a bigger drive, and increased the "maximum rows". At the end, I'm not sure what exactly made it work. After 12 hours, it is still running. (That's a good thing. Even though it's slow, at least I didn't have to pay attention to it)
So I want to give glory to God for helping it to run successfully. It's more complicated than that, because I had to do all that reading, which helped me to know about the shortcut, but I don't really want to dissect the theology of it right now. And if I dissected it, I wouldn't know if I was right - it might be speculation. I mostly see Him in the area where I stumbled across various options, and I feel that somehow in His divine power, He led my eyes and hands to those options.
I had a similar experience overcoming a work problem yesterday. So I guess I thank God for Google!
ReplyDeleteMy husband doesn't like for me to work on the weekends, even if it is from home. It's hard to find a balance, especially while we are under so much pressure.
I'm wanting to learn to depend more on the Lord in every day life experience like this. It's easy to have an independent streak, and not really believe that God can/will help. I think He likes it when we trust Him and acknowledge that He helps us.
ReplyDelete