Sunday, March 02, 2008

Dana and Marc's wedding

I kept thinking I would approach this blog post with how I had a crush on Dana for the longest time in college. So I will continue with that even though it is a little weird. Everyone is already well aware of it, so it's not like I'm sharing any secret. Everyone meaning Dana, Courtney, family, Navs friends...My best man BJ also liked Dana a lot at the same time, and a few other guys.

I met Dana I think on the 2nd week that I was at K-State at a Navigators event. Typical of Navigators, I thought about asking her out, and thought some more, and more, and prayed some more. Then finally, during Winter break on my sophomore year ( yeah, about 1.5 years later), I asked her on a date. I just remember driving through Shawnee Mission Park with the Christmas lights all set up. And after that night I decided that we weren't really compatible anyway, because we were both quiet. I think that's when I decided I'd only marry an outgoing person...like Courtney.

That ended up being the only date I went on during college.

Ironically, Dana is good friends with my parents now for unrelated reasons. She was part of the Metro Kansas City Navigators team that my parents put together.

Marc also went to K-State. He is a couple of years older, and he is from Western Kansas. He pursued Dana in every sense of the Navigators term, driving for hours to see her.

Their wedding was fun because they invited everyone from K-State. There was the Western Kansas Navigators crowd, and the Johnson County crowd, so it was basically a huge reunion.

On the way back, we narrowly missed a car wreck by about 2 seconds. But I will write a separate post for that.

5 comments:

  1. Dad told me about the near car crash. You'll have to give me more details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're just ignoring all the juicy details I put up there about my personal life during college?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you were really date-starved when you lived with us :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ignoring the details? No, I knew a lot of it, but not all. I didn't know you met Dana so early on and thought so long about asking her out. I didn't realize she was your only date in college.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's ok, didn't mean to put you on the spot. Yeah, I really was date starved in college. It just didn't work out. So I wish I hadn't worried about it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.