Before our near car crash, my last words were "Is this an Elton John song?". I think those would actually be pretty funny last words, though not too significant. (And the answer was yes as I thought about it later. It was an Elton John song - the one he opens his shows with. Ironically, Elton wrote the music while thinking about what music he would like at his funeral)
Then another significant thought came from Courtney as we were discussing Sudoku. Sudoku is actually an ongoing hobby for us. We bought a book right after our honeymoon, after being introduced to it in the airline magazine. I complete the odd-numbered ones, and Courtney does the even-numbered ones. (She has this thing about even numbers) The book we bought was really big, and it moves in difficulty starting on "Warm-up", and we have recently gotten to "Serious". (Yes, we're still working on the same book we bought after our honeymoon. Did I say it was a big book?)

Anyway, for the Serious puzzles, we've had to be smarter about completing the puzzles. Courtney and I both independently found new tricks to help us. And we were talking about this, and she said, "When it's more difficult, it forces you to find new ways to fill out." So I guess my punchline is that life is the same way. When it gets tougher, we grow. Makes me think of some Scripture passages.
I once drove from Arkansas to Los Angeles with a friend in January. During the drive, we passed through some some major winter storms and spun out into the median on two separate occasions. Just before each spin out, a Rolling Stones song had begun on the radio.
ReplyDeleteOn the drive back, if a Rolling Stones song came on the radio, we quickly changed the station.
Also...I have a friend who so dislikes that particular Elton John song (all 12 minutes of it), that were it to come on the radio while she was driving she might very well be overcome with an urge to crash into someone.
ReplyDelete